Place of the project:
Beirut-Mar Elias Camp
Description of the project:
The disability project at Mousawat Organization is the core of the organization while transferring into local organization in 2012.
It is divided into departments which are:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Orthopedic workshop
- Manufacture and install devices and artificial limbs
- Issue Palestinian Disability Card
Goals of the project:
Provide best services for Palestinian and Syrian people with disabilities in lower cost
Provide job vacancies for Palestinian fresh graduated students
Enable persons with disabilities; teach them about their rights and opportunities for their active participation in the community
Provide medical and mobility aids for persons with disabilities in the different Palestinian camps in Lebanon.
Palestinian people with disabilities
Injured and disabled Syrian people
Annual General Budget:
Beirut (Mar Elias): $ 230,000
Saida (Hamshari): $ 120,000
Results for 3 years:
- First Year:
o Provide rehabilitation therapy sessions for 707 people with disabilities and for patients (9077 physical therapy session, occupational, speech and consultation)
- Provide 47 disabled people with the monthly needs (urine bags, folly, nursing equipment ….)
- Provide 151 people with mobility aids, corrective devices, limbs and hearing aids
- Train 14 physical therapy students from different universities
- Second Year:
- Provide 512 different rehabilitation services for persons with disabilities, and patients (692 therapies session.
- 233 people provide their needs and basic tools and gadgets compensatory movement ( wheelchairs , walking frame , calendar devices , parties , headphones …. ) .
- Train 120 disabled people and their families about their rights.
- Third Year :
- Provide 6952 rehabilitative treatment session for 515 people with disabilities, for the injured and sick people where do you want to meet
- Provide 130 people with needed rehabilitation, mobility and corrective devices.
- Provide advice and guidance to 164 person and family